The rise of Facebook, Twitter and other social networks has further accelerated the growth of YouTube as it enables the discovery and sharing of online video.
- 500 years of YouTube video are watched every day on Facebook.
- Over 700 YouTube videos are shared on Twitter each minute.
- 100 million people take a social action on YouTube every week.
- An auto-shared tweet results in 6 new youtube.com sessions on average.
- There are 500 tweets per minute containing a YouTube link.
- Millions of subscriptions to YouTube happen each day.
- More than 50% of videos on YouTube have been rated or include comments from the community.
- Millions of videos are "favourited" every day.